Join thousands of operators and get your CPCS Card with our dedicated CPCS A66 Mobile Industrial Crane course.
Many major contractors insist that operators carry accreditation from the Construction Plant Competency Scheme (CPCS) A66 category when operating compact cranes on site.
Be trained by the experts at our dedicated Centre of Excellence training facilities in Long Crendon and Manchester.
We train all operators for the CPCS A66 compact crane endorsement B course using our range of Galizia mobile industrial cranes.
This Course Category Covers
- Compact cranes with capability for pick and carry duties
- Wheeled or tracked chassis
- Non-slewing telescopic
Whether a novice or an experienced crane operator, we have different levels to suit your experience.
Once you have passed the A66 training course, you will receive:
- CPCS A66 competency ID card
- CPCS A66 certificate
- Best practice card
Between 2 and 5 days depending on your experience
Prices start from £750 inclusive of CPCS test fees.
Price includes administration, lunch, refreshments and provision of all plant for practical training.
We have two dedicated Centre of Excellence training facilities in Oldham, Manchester (OL9 0JA) and Long Crendon, Buckinghamshire (HP18 9BF).
Theory & Legislation:-
- Crane construction terminology and principles of lift
- Health, safety, welfare and environmental code
- Lifting operation regulations and best practice guidelines
Lifting operation regulations and best practice guidelines Hands-on Training:-
- Pre-use checks and preparation for work
- Travelling and manoeuvring Compact Cranes
- Lifting and placing loads using full radius and slewing capabilities
- Configuration for lifting duties
The CPCS card is recognized by UK contractors as the benchmark standard for plant operation, helping you to stay safe and competent on site.
Operators With A CPCS Card Can Benefit From:-
- Proof of skills, competency and qualifications
- Improved chances of employment
- Enhanced health and safety awareness
You will need to have passed a Construction Skills Health & Safety test within the last 2 years.
We have 3 course levels to suit your experience:-
- Novice Operators (5 day course) This course is designed for operators with no previous training and experience within the construction industry
- Experienced Operators, non-crane (3 Days) This course is suitable for operators with previous training and experience using other categories of plant
- Experienced Crane Operators (2 Days) This course is designed for operators with previous training and experience using this category of plant
You will need to pay for your CPCS course before the course commences.
You can pay 4 ways:
- Credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro). This is subject to 2.5% surcharge.
- Debit card.
- BACS Payment : the funds will need to be cleared prior to the start date of the course
- Apply for a credit account with us.
Please contact our depots to set up an account.
1) Literacy: All candidates MUST have a sufficient level of literary with the English language that will enable them to undertake the theory portion of the technical test. If a customer feels their candidate lacks this level of literacy, a CPCS approved interpreter can be provided at the customer’s expense.
2) Booking confirmation: Once you have submitted a purchase order / booking confirmation for the training, your booking will be deemed ‘confirmed’. Please note you will need to book at least 2 working days prior to the desired training date (as a minimum) so we are able to register you on the CPCS system. When we have received your order, we will issue a booking acknowledgment, course information and joining instructions via email. Hard copy joining instructions will only be posted on request.
3) Fee payment: Invoices will be issued immediately on receipt of purchase order. Payment is required prior to the course start date, unless specifically arranged. If payment is not received, the training course will either not commence or be cancelled.
4) UK Government Value Added Tax (VAT): VAT will be charged at the standard rate, currently 20% (05-07-11)
5) Cancellation of booking: Once the booking has been confirmed, no refund or training and/or testing will be given unless at least 10 working days notice is given or the training is cancelled by The GGR Group. In any event of refund, we will need to deduct any CPCS notification fee, Health & Safety test cancellation or interpreter cancellation fees as these fees are paid immediately by The GGR Group to these third parties on receipt of your booking and are non-refundable.
6) Acceptance of Terms & Conditions by Customer: When submitting your purchase order, you are deemed as having read, understood and accepted the above terms and conditions in respect of any training undertaken by The GGR Group.
To make a booking or enquire about our compact crane courses today, click below or call 01844 202071 where a member of our team will be happy to help you.